The Major Religion research must address the following:
- Summarize the major beliefs of that religion.
- Identify major religious holidays in that religious tradition.
- Discuss how the religious beliefs of the people practicing the religion you chose affect the health of the congregation.
- Compare and contrast the religion chosen with the Judeo-Christian beliefs that are commonly followed in the USA. Include effects of beliefs, holidays, specific practices, and knowledge.
- Discuss the effect of the religious practice you chose on the holistic health care of the individual.
- Discuss the general importance of religion and spirituality to the members of that faith community in their health.
- Discuss how your research has helped you understand the implications of that faith on the nursing care you might deliver to a person of that faith
- Each student is to choose a religion of interest. This choice may or may not be your practicing religion. Your choice needs to be approved by the Professor.
- Send your religion of interest to the instructor for approval via Inbox.
- DRAFT– Submit a draft of your research findings – worth 30% of grade.
- FINAL Submit final with the revisions from the draft worth 70% of grade.