Globalizing for Growth
Ultimately, having the ability to understand and contribute to a positive organizational culture is key in today’s workforce. Those who can add value in this area will be able to grow, develop, and lead in their organization.
The following Course Outcome is assessed in this assignment:
MT302-6: Analyze organizational structure and culture in an organization.
You previewed this assignment in Unit 9, now is the time to finish up your response and submit it to the Dropbox.
Based on the reading and learning activities regarding leadership, culture, values, and organizational structure, you will apply what you understand to a company trying to unite into a viable structure and culture.
Read the fictional scenario and address the checklist items.
BOT Inc. is a robotics software company with 100 employees located in Austin, Texas, in the United States. Up until now, the culture has been fairly strongly established as a rigid culture with detailed policies and procedures. Everyone has an explicit job description. The company hires mostly locals, and only directors make any important decisions. The company has had a formal code of ethics, but it has not been enforced. As a result, there have been increasing incidents of personnel doing consulting work for other companies outside of work hours. The CEO is concerned that their robotics software could be compromised. Lately, as the company’s software has been increasingly sought out by robot-producing companies around the globe, the CEO realizes it is time to reimagine a more diverse, inclusive, and global company, while adhering to an ethical code of conduct with uniform responses to infringement.
The CEO knows they will soon need to hire at least another 20 sales staff and additional software developers to address this increasing global demand. The CEO wants to restructure the company while keeping company costs down as much as possible.
Help BOT Inc. address the problems by completing the checklist items.
View the company’s current organizational structure.
Address the following items in your submission:
- Identify the characteristics needed to implement a shared ethical culture and explain the identified characteristics will help the organization.
- Explain how the ethical culture will be affected by the global context.
- Describe some of the global implications, using the competing values framework in analyzing the situation.
- Analyze the current organizational structure and identify at least three key questions the executives need to answer in order to create the most effective and suitable organizational structure and culture.
- Explain the importance of ethical leadership involved in implementing a new organization structure.
- Suggest a possible new structure based on the learning activity.
- Name the structure.
- Provide an overview of the structure.
- Describe why the structure was selected.
Submit your 3- to 4-page paper with additional title and reference pages in current APA format and citation style to the Unit 10 Dropbox.