- 7.1Identify the differences between intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) in both form and function.
- 7.2Describe the structure and rules of the UN Security Council, including identification of the five permanent members.
- 7.3Evaluate the arguments over the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of international law in restraining state behavior.
- 7.4Summarize the distinction between just wars and wars of aggression.
- 7.5Contrast the effectiveness of international law, NGOs, and states in advancing the cause of human rights around the globe.
Second, read all the articles and watch all the videos assigned in this module. Answer the following questions regarding one of the assigned articles or videos: 1) What are the basics of this article/video (who, what, when, how, why, etc.); 2) What is the overall main point the author is trying to convince you of? 3) Do you agree with the author’s argument? Why? Why not?
Finally, tie together your news story with what you learned from the assigned article and videos for this week. Type your answers using your own words, no outline or bullets, complete sentences and paragraphs, single-spaced, full-page.