We see sinful behavior all around us, including in the virtual world. The Scriptures warn us about evil practices. When one thinks of information systems security, a biblical verse that encourages us to prepare for a hacker or attacker is not usually considered, but consider Proverbs 2:11, “Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you” (NIV). In addition, Psalm 34:19 states, “The righteous person may have troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all” (NIV). When we are vigilant, God promises to bless our efforts.
- Be sure to address the following prompts in your paper:
- Considering your religious/cultural background, what do you see as God’s role in our security efforts?
- What does the Bible say we need to do for God’s blessing?
- How would you apply the principles of these verses in your workplace?
- Your paper should be at least 350 words in length.