PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions. At least two Scholarly Peer- Reviewed Journals are required as references.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
• Do not make any changes in the cover page.
• This Assignment comprise of a Case Study and Discussion questions.
• Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-3 students will able to understand the
1. Defining the concepts, theories and approaches of project management. (L.O-1.1)
2. Analyze to work effectively and efficiently as a team member for project related cases. (L.O-3.1)
3. Evaluate to monitor and control the project. (L.O-3.2)
Assignment-3: Case Study & Discussion questions
Assignment Question: (Marks 10)
Please read the Case-8.3 “Tham Luang Cave Rescue.” from Chapter 8 “Scheduling Resources and Costs” given in your textbook – Project Management: The Managerial Process 8th edition by Larson and Gray page no: 304-307 also refer to specific concepts you have learned from the chapter to support your answers. Answer the following questions for Part-1, Part-2.
Part-1: Case study questions
1. How did the physical environment of the cave affect the rescue plan? Explain in 250 words (3 Marks).
2. How did the rescue team respond to the risks of the project? Explain in 250 words (3 Marks).
3. Some have called the rescue a miracle and that luck was the decisive factor. Do you agree? Explain in 150 words (2 Marks)
Part-2: Discussion questions
Please read Chapter 8 Pg-No. 279 & 281 carefully and then give your answers on the basis of your understanding.
4. Why would people resist a multi project resource scheduling system? (1 Mark) (100 words)
5. What do you think would have happened if the Washington Forest Service did not assess the impact of resources on their two-year plan? (1 Mark) (100 words).