Ticket for Clinical Make-up. Please complete the following assignment as part of the clinical make up. You will complete this assignment bring it with you to your make-up day. If you do not complete the assignment you can not attend clinical make up , it will be considered an unexcused absence.
Define the following words:
Apgar scoring system
S.P. is a 75-year-old female who presents to the provider’s office with fatigue.
PMH: HTN, hyperlipidemia, MI 3 years ago
Fatigue started about a month ago, getting worse
Relieved with rest, exacerbated with activity
Denies chest pain
Vital signs: T 37 P 112 R 18 BP 110/54
Lungs: bilateral lower lobe crackles
O2 Sat = 94%
Skin = cool to touch
CV = heart rate regular, positive peripheral pulses, ECG = no changes
+2 edema bilateral ankles
Medications: Metoprolol 20 mg per day, 325 mg of aspirin per day
- What other questions should the nurse ask about the fatigue?
- What other assessments are necessary for this patient?
- What are some causes of fatigue?
- Develop a problems list from the objective and subjective data.
- What should be included in the plan of care?
- Based on the readings, what is the most likely cause of fatigue for this patient?