COVID-19 Testing Mandate
Consider the following scenario:
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, state Governors took significant steps to protect residents, including the most vulnerable populations, nursing home residents. In Oklahoma, Governor Kevin Stitt issued a policy that required any “staffer” entering a nursing home to produce a negative COVID-19 test result.
Place yourself in the role of a nursing home administrator in this situation, and respond to the following:
- What are the gaps in this policy? (Policy is italicized above).
- Does scientific evidence support this approach? Why or why not?
- Because this is mandated by the state, your facility must comply. Briefly explain how you will ensure compliance while maintaining the integrity of evidence-based practice.
- How is the relationship between science and politics investigated?
- Review an evidence-based article that speaks on how scientific research has been used for political gain or advancement of policy creation and implementation.
- Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
- 4 references.