Theories And Problems In Your Branch Of Psychology
Successful completion of a doctoral dissertation requires significant amounts of independent reading on the research topic. Understanding how your research topic is valuable to your area of expertise is also important. In this assignment, you will discuss the theoretical framework for your research and identify some of the main researchers or theorists in the field.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA 7th style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Using information you have read related to your branch of psychology and dissertation topic, write a brief paper (750-1,000 words) that identifies theories and problems specifically related to your branch of psychology. Address the following in your paper:
- Identify your emphasis area and dissertation topic.
- Explain the need for your research.
- Identify the main theorists or researchers associated with your research topic.
- Discuss at least one theoretical framework you are considering for your research. How does it relate to the need for your research topic?
- Identify at least one academic journal that specializes in research related to your topic. How will the journal benefit your research?