This is a multistep prompt in which you have to answer each of the questions posed to you.
Love is an important theme in all of the myths we cover in this course, though you will soon come to find that ideas about love vary widely. What does this week’s reading assignment reveal about love? Be sure to refer to specific passages and/or quotes from the text to support your answer.
Heroism is also a very important topic when it comes to the world of myth. What do the tales of our heroes reveal about Greek and Roman ideas of heroism? In your opinion, are any of the heroes more heroic than others? Be sure to develop your answer thoroughly, and refer to specific passages and/or quotes from the text to support your answer.
- Your initial response should be at least 500 words in length
- Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer.
Hamilton, Edith. Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes. Grand Central Publishing, 2011.
- Part Two: Stories of Love and Adventure, pp. 121 to 150 (through the end of Pygmalion and Galatea); pp. 155 to 195 (beginning with the tale of Daphne and Apollo)
- Part Three: The Great Heroes Before the Trojan War, pp. 196 to 252
- HadestownBroadway Trailer (Links to an external site.)
- “Way Down Hadestown” – Sung by the cast of Hadestown on Broadway(Links to an external site.)
- Hercules Official Trailer #1 (2014) (Dwayne Johnson, Ian McShane) Movie HD