pervasive and chronic health concerns in the community
Create a 3 page paper identifying the health concern that you think is most appropriate to address for the community in your practice environment. Your choice should be based on the evaluation the relevant data that you have gathered for your chosen issue.
Your organization has created an initiative to improve one of the pervasive and chronic health concerns in the community. Some examples of possibilities for health improvement initiatives are nationwide concerns, such as type 2 diabetes, HIV, obesity, and the Zika virus. However, your organization wants you to identify the health concern that is most appropriate to address for the community in your practice environment. You will need to do your own research to gather and evaluate the relevant data for your chosen issue.
Be sure that your population health improvement plan addresses all of the bullets below, at minimum. Evaluate the environmental and epidemiological data about your community so that you can illustrate and diagnose widespread population health issues.
- Develop an ethical health improvement plan that addresses the population health issue you have identified in your evaluation. The plan should be based upon the best available evidence and meet the cultural and environmental needs of your community.
- Justify the value and relevance of the evidence you used as the basis for your population health improvement plan.
- Propose criteria that can be used to evaluate the achievement of your health improvement plan’s outcomes.
- Explain how you plan to apply strategies for communicating with community members and colleagues in the health care profession in an ethical, culturally sensitive, and inclusive way about the development and implementation of your health improvement plan.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
- Length of submission: 3 double-spaced, typed pages. Your plan should be succinct yet substantive.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3–5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style.