Assignment: Study Plan
Based on your practice exam question results from Week 2, identify strengths and areas of opportunity and create a tailored study plan to use throughout this course to help you prepare for the national certification exam. This will serve as an action plan to help you track your goals, tasks, and progress. You will revisit and update your study plan in NRNP 6675, and you may continue to refine and use it until you take the exam.
Reflect on your practice exam
- Identify content-area strengths:
Child/Adolescent neurodevelopment disorders
The role of the psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner
Physical assessment, diagnostic tests, and differential diagnosis
- Opportunities for improvement:
Theoretical foundations of care and nonpharmacological therapies.
Neuroanatomy, physiology, and mental illness
- Also reflect on your overall test taking (100 questions). Was the length of time allotted comfortable (2 hours), or did you run out of time? (yes) Did a particular question format prove difficult? (N/A)
- Based on your practice test question results, and considering the national certification exam, summarize your strengths and opportunities for improvement. Note: Your grade for this Assignment will not be derived from your test results but from your self-reflection and study plan.
- Create a study plan for this quarter to prepare for the certification exam, including three or four SMART goals and the tasks you need to complete to accomplish each goal. Include a timetable for accomplishing them and a description of how you will measure your progress.
- Describe resources you would use to accomplish your goals and tasks, such as ways to participate in a study group or review course, mnemonics and other mental strategies, and print or online resources you could use to study.