Case Study: Shell Case Fabricators
This assignment is a case study. You will be presented with information concerning a company facing a situation that requires at least one decision to be made. Read the case and using the course material and your additional research, write a short paper that briefly identifies the issues and proposes a solution that includes a justification for your choice.
This assignment considers the information provided in the Shell Case Fabricators (SCF) case. It can be found at the end of Chapter 12 of your text in the case section after the blue pages. Additional questions have been added, so please use the text only for the case material and not the assignment. To complete the assignment, follow the steps listed below:
- Read the Shell Case Fabricators case at the end of Chapter 12.
- Create a paper responding to the following questions (ignore the questions in the textbook and only answer these questions):
- Consider the proposal. ShouldSCF accept or reject ACL’s request? If you were the project manager, which option would you select? What risks are involved with your choice and with ACL’s request?
- How shouldSCF negotiate with ACL? How can SCF and ACL develop a positive, long-range relationship? Give specifics.
- Would it be possible to outsource some of the project elements, and would it be ethical as this is already a subcontracted project? What other options are available that you could consider?
- If you were to look for another solution, what would you include in your request for proposals (RFP)?
Write a three page paper in Word format. Use the American Psychological Association (APA) style (most current edition) for writing your assignment.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Upload Submission.” Enter the submission title and then click on “Select a file to upload.” Browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to Submission File. Click on “Continue.” Confirm submission is correct and then click on “Accept Submission & Save.”
This course has Turnitin fully integrated into the course dropbox. This means that you should only submit your assignments to the dropbox below. Please do not submit your assignment directly to Turnitin.com.
Once submitted, your assignment will be evaluated by Turnitin® automatically. You will be able to view an Originality Report within minutes of your first submission that will show how much of your work has been identified as similar to other sources such as websites, textbooks, or other student papers. Use your Originality Report as a learning tool to identify areas of your assignment that you may not have cited appropriately. You may resubmit your assignment through this dropbox as many times as you need to check to see if you have made improvements, until the due date of the assignment. However, once you have made your first submission, you will need to wait 24 hours after each subsequent submission to receive a new Originality Report. Plan accordingly as you draft your assignment. Once the due date has passed, your assignment submission will be considered final.
This assignment will be graded using the SBT M8A1 Case Analysis Rubric. Please review this rubric prior to beginning your work. You can also access the rubric on the Course Rubrics page within the Start Here module. All case studies, together, make up 15% of the total course grade.