Discuss why EBP is an essential component of the practice of a BSN-prepared RN. Identify two ways in which you will continue to integrate evidence into your practice and encourage it within your work environment. What obstacles could challenge this plan, and what steps will you take to minimize their impact?
Is the transportation method an example of decision making under certainty or decision making under uncertainty? Why? Frequently, management is solving transportation problem(s) to achieve which goal(s)
Must be answered in 400 words not including topic question.
Write a 1600- word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows you to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with three (3) sources in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
- Define linear programming and how it is used in businesses to solve problems.
- Explain how can linear programming be used to solve transportation problems?
- How does your company deal with transportation problems associated with receiving raw material, stocking finished goods, and distribution to retail stores? You can reference another company you know the answer this question.
- Give an example of transshipment problem. You can use network diagram for illustration. Can linear programming be used to solve transshipment problems? What constraints are necessary to solve such problems?
How Victorian period morality in England is reflected in the duality
Write 6-to-8-page that explores how Victorian period morality in England is reflected in the duality of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You are required to use a minimum of the five outside sources I have provided. Do not use any other outside sources. Do not use “I” or “you.”
Make sure that you fully address the duality of the character and how it relates to 19th century Victorian morality. Your introduction should establish this; your thesis should make a specific claim about this; and your conclusion should take everything you have discussed in your body paragraphs and come to a conclusion about this.
Introduction: clearly and specifically introduce your reader to these questions. Set up what Victorian England morality was. Introduce your reader to what duality is– and how that pertains, in particular, to Jekyll and Hyde.
Thesis statement: make a specific claim about the duality of the character and how it relates to 19th century Victorian morality
Mental Health Legal and Ethical
Evan is a psychiatric nurse working on an inpatient floor in a general community hospital. Mr. Girardi has been in a car accident, which has landed both him and his daughter in critical care. Because of Mr. Girardi’s extensive injuries, his physicians prescribe that he be put on light sedatives that do not induce coma but keep him sleepy and calm. They simultaneously decide not to immediately inform him of his daughter’s critical condition. The rationale for both decisions is their concern that he does not cry, which would cause extended damage to his perforated lung. Mr. Girardi is kept drowsy and motionless and as pain-free as possible. He has asked about his daughter, but when told that the staff will check on her, he is satisfied with that and drifts back to sleep.
Mr. Girardi’s wife arrives to stay with him. It is 3:18 am, and Evan has just administered Mr. Girardi a sedative through his IV set. Mrs. Girardi tells Evan that her husband took his last “kidney stone pill” at 6 pm with his dinner before he and his daughter left the house. “He’s overdue for that kidney stone pill,” Mrs. Girardi says. “He’s not supposed to skip that.”
Evan says, “He shouldn’t take anything else right now, but I’ll check that out.” She assures Mrs. Girardi that she’ll ask the doctor about that and leaves the room.
Fifteen minutes later, Evan returns, explaining that she consulted with the hospital surgeon, who checked with Mr. Girardi’s urologist. The urologist confirmed that the “kidney stone pill” was a painkiller, which, under the circumstances, should be discontinued as long as Mr. Girardi is on the more powerful IV sedatives.
“Oh, that’s okay,” Mrs. Girardi tells Evan. “He woke up a bit while you were gone, and I was able to give him his pills.”
Mr. Girardi suffers moderate complications from the IV sedative and oral analgesic combination, which extends his hospital stay by 2 days. The Girardis feel that the hospital should have been in better control of the overdose, saying that if the staff had been on top of things and supervising more closely, this would not have happened.
- In the case of Mr. Girardi, do you think this case is most concerned with cause in fact, proximate cause, or foreseeability of harm?
Answer all the questions below each of the scenarios.
2.As Joe, a registered nurse, prepares the medication for the evening shift, he notices that two of his patients’ medications are missing. Both are bedtime Ativan (lorazepam). When he phones the pharmacy to send up the missing medications, the pharmacist responds, “You people need to watch your carts more carefully because this has become a pattern.” Shortly after, another patient complains to Joe that he did not receive his 5 p.m. Xanax (alprazolam). On the medication administration record, Beth has recorded that she has given the drugs. Joe suspects that Beth may be diverting the drugs.
- What actions can Joe take regarding his suspicions of Beth?
- If Beth admits that she has been diverting the drugs, should Joe’s next step be to report Beth to the supervisor or to the board of nursing?
- When Joe talks to the nursing supervisor, should he identify Beth or should he state his suspicions in general terms?
One day, Linda arrives at work on the behavioral care unit. She is informed that the staffing office has requested that a nurse from the psychiatric unit report to the ICU. They need help in caring for an agitated car accident victim with a history of schizophrenia. Linda goes to the ICU and joins a nurse named Corey in providing care for the patient. Eventually, the patient is stabilized and goes to sleep, and Corey leaves the unit for a break. Because Linda is unfamiliar with the telemetry equipment, she fails to recognize that the patient is having an arrhythmia, and the patient experiences a cardiopulmonary arrest. Although he is successfully resuscitated, he suffers permanent brain damage.
- Can Linda legally practice in this situation? (That is, does her registered nurse license permit her to practice in the ICU?)
- Does the ability to practice legally in an area differ from the ability to practice competently in that area?
- Did Linda have any legal or ethical grounds to refuse the assignment to the ICU?
- What are the risks in accepting an assignment in an area of specialty in which you are professionally unprepared to practice?
- Would there have been any way for Linda to minimize the risk of retaliation by the employer had she refused the assignment?
- If Linda is negligent, is the hospital liable for any harm to the patient caused by her?
A 40-year-old man is admitted to the emergency department for a severe nosebleed and has both of his nostrils packed. Because of a history of alcoholism and the possibility for developing withdrawal symptoms, the patient is transferred to the psychiatric unit. His physician orders a private room, restraints, continuous monitoring, and 15-minute checks of vital signs and other indicators. At the next 15-minute check, the nurse discovers that the patient does not have a pulse or respiration. The patient had apparently inhaled the nasal packing and suffocated.
- Does it sound as if the nurse was responsible for the patient’s death?
- Was the order for the restraint appropriate for this type of patient?
- What factors did you consider in making your determination?
side effects or contraindications
Create a power-point presentation (5 slides) about the remedy “belladonna”. Please include how you took the remedy and its effectiveness. The power-point must be inviting enough to make others want to try the product. The presentation should also address any side effects or contraindications
Research the remedy and provide evidence to support its effectiveness. Find / use researched articles/books of EBP (Evidenced Based Practice). Cite and reference your sources.
Write a pa per in APA format using a minimum of 700 words excluding cover, reference page and any appendices to address the following. A minimum of five reliable sources are required (see Note below).
Perform preliminary research and select a product you have an interest in performing a Life Cycle Analysis on. The product that has been selected is ‘Plastic Spoon’.
- Name and give a brief introduction on the Product you selected to perform a Life Cycle Analysis on.
- Describe how it is used and by what groups (consumers or corporations or both) and in what locations (locally in an area or worldwide for example).
- Explain why this Product was selected and whether based on preliminary research its life cycle can be analyzed for Parts 2 and 3.
- Discuss the processes for the following phases and explain the energy inputs and outputs involved:
- Include a graphic showing the flow of processes for the following phases:
- Acquisition of Raw Materials
- Manufacture and Processing
- Distribution & Transportation
4.1 Discussion: Uncertainty Avoidance (Part B)
- Review the internet article “The Role of Cultural Differences in Business Communications.”
- Paying attention to the author’s perspective on the connection between product quality and uncertainty avoidance, review the internet article “On Avoiding Uncertainty.”
- By the end of this workshop, read and critically respond to at least two of your classmates.
- Consider their reflection on the self-assessment results and application of principles related to uncertainty avoidance.
- Offer critical evaluation or add clarity to the posts of your classmates.
- Where applicable, respectfully offer alternate perspectives and provide additional clarifying commentary to add to the discussion.
- Each response should be at least 150 words.
4.2 Discussion: Developing a Cultural Map (Part B)
- Review the video “10 Minutes with Geert Hofstede on Uncertainty Avoidance.”
- Review the video “The right way to ask questions about your colleague’s race.” (https://youtu.be/fZF6LyGne7Q)
- By the end of this workshop, read and critically respond to at least two of your classmates.( https://youtu.be/y5lQdOSBot4)
- Offer a critical evaluation or add clarity to the posts of your classmates.
- Offer alternate perspectives and provide additional clarifying commentary to add to the discussion.
- Each response should be at least 150 words.
Peer Review 1: (Sree Red K)
- List all of the various cultures that you belong to (or that you would say have influenced the way you communicate). There are no right or wrong answers. You can identify any and all cultures (as we have defined that term) that make sense to you.
The various cultures that I belong to are:
- I am an Indian.
- I am a Man.
- My skin tone is Brown.
- I am a Hindu.
- I belong to Masculine gender.
- I am single.
- I am a student.
3.Graphically “map” all of the cultures in terms of their importance in your life now and their relation to each other. You can use any format you wish to map things. You may use different geometric shapes for various culture, different sizes, etc. Again, there are no right or wrong answers. Whatever mapping captures your sense of your cultures is fine.
- Draw points of tension between your cultures. Which cultures tend to have norms for behavior that differ? That conflict? Which cultures are most in tension in this way? Draw arrows or other indicators to show that.
4.Which of these cultural tensions are most likely to cause you internal conflict?
I don’t have much of cultural tensions in my life, because I used to adapt to the situation where I live. After I came to US, I used to look around people who follow Christianity, they are so loving and show kindness towards others, which fascinated me a lot. The teachings of Jesus Christ were something extraordinary from the other teachings which I have heard already in my religion. So, I just have a passion for Christianity and the teachings of Christ.
Peer Review 2: (Sid Gang)
Developing a Cultural Map
(d)Between the Christian and athletic cultures, there is much internal tension. There is a widespread belief that drug and alcohol use is acceptable in the sports community. It was not easy to be the person who refused to participate more actively because of my Christian beliefs while growing up in this society. I had difficulty connecting with my friends since so many of them decided to lead this lifestyle, which I appreciated and made me feel alone (Chu, 2020).
(e) Conflict might arise between my Asian and American backgrounds. Some White Americans harbor animosity against Asians, a phenomenon that is becoming less widespread. In elementary and high school, I watched this play out firsthand. In order to make light of the Asian culture, some people would make nasty and derogatory remarks. However, I do not think that should be allowed to go unchecked (Rozin et al., 2016).
4.3 Discussion: Masculinity vs. Femininity Societies (Part A)
- Watch the video “10 Minutes with Geert Hofstede on Masculinity versus Femininity.”( https://youtu.be/Pyr-XKQG2CM)
- Examine the PowerPoint on Masculinity vs. Femininity.
- Read the article “‘Christian Worldview’ Drives Hungary’s Stunningly Successful Pro-Family Policies: Minister for Family.”
- Navigate to the discussion below and post a substantive response to the following questions:
- Complete the following chart based on your personal views of masculine and feminine roles. Identify each trait listed as either masculine or feminine, using your personal perspective. Copy and paste the completed chart into your initial discussion post.
|Build relationships based on trust|
|Coach and mentor others|
|High level of confidence|
- Group together the traits you have identified as masculine and write a paragraph explaining your perspective. Write a second paragraph discussing your perspective on those traits you have identified as feminine.
- From your reading of the article “‘Christian Worldview’ Drives Hungary’s Stunningly Successful Pro-Family Policies: Minister for Family,” consider the social ramifications of espousing a Christian worldview in Hungary. What spillover effects might be anticipated when the Christian worldview described in the article and global business intersect?
- Your initial response should:
- Be 200–300 words in length
- Include a minimum of two properly cited references. For questions on APA style, go to the APA Style Guide.
4.4 Discussion: Assess Your Cultural Profile (Part A)
- Watch the video “The Culture Map” by Erin Meyer.
- Read the article “Assess Your Cultural Profile” by David Champion.
- Use the assessment tool at “Cultural Competence Self-assessment Checklist” and take the questionnaire.
- Navigate to the discussion below and post a substantive response to the following questions a–c:
- Discuss your assessment and reflect on how the assessment might shape you as a global manager. Use PowerPoint to create a short presentation (five slides) and include images of your assessment using Snipping Tool to take snippets of your assessment to share with your peers. For information on Snipping Tool, watch the following video. (https://youtu.be/VLZGkN5nYtM)
- What areas would you improve or strengthen?
- Reflect on Proverbs 3:5-6and discuss whether your trust in God is more ask-based trust (from the head) or relationship-based trust (from the heart)?
4.5 Assignment: ArcelorMittal Acquisition
- Read the article Arcelor agrees to Mittal Takeover.
- Read the article ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel complete acquisition of Essar Steel.
- Peruse ArcelorMittal’s corporate website for additional information.
- Peruse Hofstede’s Insights for additional information.
- Write a 5-6 page paper following APA Style. For questions on APA Style, go to the APA Style Guide.
- In your paper, address the following questions:
- Compare Hofstede’s cultural dimensions for the countries of Luxembourg, India, and Japan.
- Discuss Arcelor’s motivation to be acquired by Mittal and Mittal’s motivation to merge with Arcelor.
- Discuss the two major challenges that threatened the Arcelor/Mittal merger. Which of Hofstede’s cultural dimensions might be at the core of these challenges?
- Discuss at least two reasons why ArcelorMittal acquired Essar Steel.
- Discuss the rationale for ArcelorMittal’s joint venture with Nippon Steel.
- If you were a manager at ArcelorMittal, what cultural challenges might emerge in your attempts to integrate a Christian worldview in the workplace?
- Include an introduction paragraph, a conclusion paragraph, APA level one headings, and a minimum of five (5) properly cited sources in your paper.
Answer the following question
Let’s see how gender plays out in the consumer world and how gender is socially constructed, using cultural goods as a lens. First, let’s collect data to do this. Find two to three products online that are ‘for men’ and ‘for women’ to examine the differences between similar products sold for women and men. Provide links or screenshots for the produces. Second, address the following questions in your post: Are there differences in packaging? Pricing? What do these products tell us about gender norms in the male-female binary, that is, the binaristic (opposing) expectations for each gender?
Have you found that the ways in which you personally ‘do gender’ sometimes challenge this binary and its norms?
in APA style… using the sources provided only and in 550 words:
Capital budgeting can be affected by factors such as exchange rate risk, political risk, transfer pricing, and strategic risk. Select a mid- or large-sized business organization and explain how each of these factors can affect its capital budgeting. Which factor poses the greatest threat to your selected organization and why? What measures can stakeholders take to reduce adverse impacts of these factors?
Support your rationale with at least one citation from the literature.
We provide custom-written papers to assist students in research, writing and proofreading process. These assignments are for assistance purposes only and students are suggested to use them as guide papers only in order to avoid any sort of law violation of the university or education sector.